Hyatt announces plans for two new hotels in India
20 July 2012 14:36:12 GMT
Hyatt Hotels Corporation has announced that Hyatt affiliates have signed management agreements for an Andaz hotel in Gurgaon and a Grand Hyatt hotel in Kochi, bringing the total number of announced Hyatt-branded hotels under development in India to 56.
“We are focused on creating preference by enhancing distribution of our full-service, extended-stay and select service brands in both new and established markets in India where our guests are increasingly travelling,” said Ratnesh Verma, senior vice president - real estate and development, Asia Pacific for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “Creating a strong presence for our complete brand portfolio in India is critical to Hyatt’s leadership in the global hospitality sector.”
“The new agreements being announced today, along with the previously announced properties under development, demonstrate growing confidence among owners and developers in the strength of Hyatt-branded hotels in India,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Hoplamazian.
Slated to open in Q4 2014, Andaz Gurgaon will offer 275 guestrooms and 75 serviced apartments. Additionally, the hotel will feature a three meal multi-cuisine restaurant, a specialty restaurant, a bar and a gourmet store, a six-treatment room spa, a fitness centre, and a swimming pool. The hotel will also offer more than 11,500sq ft of meeting space, including five Andaz Studios and a ballroom. Located in Gurgaon, the industrial and financial centre of the state of Haryana, Andaz Gurgaon will be situated on the junction of the National Highway 8 (NH-8) and Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), which provides access to many of the city’s main business districts, including Cybercity and UdyogVihar, and manufacturing districts, including Industrial Model Township (IMT).
Grand Hyatt Kochi, will be located on Bolgatty Island in Kochi, which is situated on the eastern coast of the Indian state of Kerala. It will feature 250 guestrooms and amenities including a three-meal multi -cuisine restaurant, two specialty restaurants, a bar and lobby lounge, a 10-treatment room spa, fitness centre, swimming pool, and Grand Club lounge. The hotel will also offer more than 60,000 sq ft of meeting and event space, including a 26,000 sq ft ballroom. Expected to open in Q1 2017, Grand Hyatt Kochi will be in close proximity to many key areas of the city, including Ernakulam, the main commercial district; Fort Kochi, the main tourist centre of the city; Willingdon Island, which houses Kochi Port, the Kochi Chamber of Commerce and Industries, the Naval Air Base; and the International Container Transhipment Terminal, one of the largest container terminals in India.
Hyatt plans to open three new hotels in India in the remainder of 2012 across its Park Hyatt and Hyatt Place brands, including:
· Park Hyatt Chennai, a 204-room hotel set to open in late 2012, will be situated in the capital city of the state ofTamil Nadu. The property will offer an innovative food and beverage outlets, residential style meeting and event space, and recreational facilities, including a spa and fitness centre.
· Hyatt Place Hampi, a 115-room hotel planned to open by the end of the year, will be situated near the Bellary industrial district. Hampi, which features spectacular views of the Sandur ranges and is home to a group of monuments classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site, also serves as a popular leisure destination. The property will include a multi-cuisine restaurant, meeting rooms, and a fitness centre, and swimming pool.
· Hyatt Place Pune, Hinjewadi, a 117-room property set to open at the end of the year, will be located within the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park at Hinjewadi, a prominent software hub. The hotel will feature a multi-cuisine restaurant and meeting space, as well as a business centre, fitness centre, and swimming pool.
With 56 hotels under development in India, Hyatt currently plans to offer its full portfolio of brands, including:
· 18 Hyatt Regency hotels under development, in addition to five already open
· 5 Grand Hyatt hotels under development, in addition to two already open
· 5 Park Hyatt hotels under development, in addition to two already open
· 23 Hyatt Place hotels under development
· 3 Andaz hotels under development
· 1 Hyatt House hotel under development
· 1 Hyatt hotel under development
As part of this expansion, Hyatt is seeking to attract and develop high-quality talent in India in order to drive future growth. Currently, more than 3,500 associates are employed at Hyatt hotels in India, and with the development effort, it is expected that more than 7,000 new associates will be welcomed into the Hyatt family. Hyatt is investing in training curriculums and accelerated leadership programmes in order to ensure that new associates support the company’s mission to deliver authentic hospitality and to develop new professional opportunities for its associates.